Amazonia field visit
- Probitas Foundation travels to Ecuador and to the Colombian Vaupés to follow-up the projects run there
Nowadays, the project is completed and Probitas Foundation has moved to make a follow-up visit aiming to evaluate the current situation a year since its closure and aiming to reinforce it to sine extent with:
- Offering a training workshop for the health staff of the two new laboratories (the subject should yet be decided by local health authorities).
- Recommending starring external quality controls to the laboratories that would be funded by Probitas.
- Contributing, together with the Ministry of Public Health with the budget for serving maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Proposing an eventual installation of the GLI Software to all project laboratories to improve their internal management.
During the visit it was determined too that the laboratories in the area are performing as planned and that the health staff working there are highly motivated.
Sinergias Project (International Collaboration Project, ICP)
In this country, the visit has allowed to acknowledge the different activities that are being carried out in this second year of execution of the project. Some of the conclusions that could be drawn are that the project is working with a high level of participation of the beneficiaries as well as of the country's public health administrations and that the project's approach towards cultural integrity is being maintained.
Both projects have worked with the target populations of Probitas Foundation, such as the indigenous, isolated and very disadvantaged populations of the Peruvian and Colombian Amazonia and the trip has served, once again, to get to know the everyday reality lived by certain communities in the world.