Global change, climate change and tropical parasites
One of the issue that was dealt with during the two days' workshop was the emerging tropical diseases detected mainly due to climate change. The different speakers presented various subjects related to global change such as the epidemiology of schistosomiasis in Cubal (Angola) or estrongiloidiasis imported into Spain.
The guests invited to the conference were:
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- FAO (Organization of the United Nations for Food and Agriculture)
- World Federation of Tropical Medicine
- SEMTSI ( Spanish Society of Tropical Medicine and International Health )
- Response Committee Fast to Illnesses Parasitic of the European Federation of Parasitology
- Disease control leaders in Europe, Africa, Asia and America
- Health Parasitology Unit
- University of Valencia
- Vall d'Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona
- Valencian Museum of Natural History, of Alginet
Master students in parasitology, given by the University of Valencia, participated as well offering presentations of their final master attendees.