The acquisition of healthy habits through the food, the hygiene and the sport during the first years of life is essential for the proper development of children and young people: They favor the mental development of children; They promote the values associated with the sport; They involve families in the feeding; They avoid childhood obesity; They help to detect healthy foods and its origins; They prevent cardiovascular disease, endocrine disorders and psychosocial problems.
RAI-Healthy habits offers to the most vulnerable nice environments, training workshops, afternoon snacks and social workshops to improve the opportunities to acquire healthy habits.
It develops in 3 lines of intervention:
- Sport: Social workshops organized together with the Social area of the FC Barcelona. With this workshop it is intended to:
- Promote healthy habits through the sport.
- Transmit values of personal growth and empathy.
- Raise awareness among children about the acquisition of habits of hygiene.
- Workshops and talks of healthy habits.
- Official socio-educational training course and monographic lecture on healthy habits.
- Nutrition: Rai-Afternoon snaks. Financial support for buying healthy foods with the aim of complementing the afternoon snacks of the users of the Child Support Centers.
- Social workshops organized with FC Barcelona: participation of children arising from social services of the municipalities where there are running other programs RAI.
- Workshops on healthy habits: they are organized for children, youth, families and educators of Centers where it is implemented the program RAI.
- Official socio-educational training course and monographic lecture on healthy habits: for young people related to the entities that are part of the RAI. The goal is that they can make the practices in these organizations and they can get to work on the social and leisure world, being referents for the boys and girls.
- Rai-Afternoon snacks: it is made for at organizations that develop social projects that respond to the food needs of children and are working on healthy eating habits.
Sites of intervention:
- Social workshops with Barca: Terrassa, Mollet, Santa Coloma, Granollers, Sabadell, Salt, Sant Adrià, Canovelles, Lleida.Official socio-educational training course: Badalona, Granollers, Hospitalet, Santa Coloma, El Prat de Llobregat, Terrassa and Salt.
- Rai-Afternoon snacks: Terrassa, Sta. Coloma, Sabadell, Badalona, Hospitalet, Gavà, Sant Adrià, Salt, Prat de Llobregat, Girona, Mataró, Lleida, Sant Boi, Rubí, Montornès, Ripollet, Sant Vicenç dels Horts and Canovelles.