2008: created by Grifols S.A., a world leader in the development of plasma-derived medicines and transfusion diagnostic solutions. Grifols shareholders decide to donate 0.7% of their annual profits for the operation of Probitas Foundation. Leveraging Grifols' know-how in the health sector, we focus on improving access to health in the most disadvantaged regions of the world.
2009: We launch the first International Cooperation Projects (PCI) in Haiti, Sierra Leone and at the SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital.
2010: We launch our first own program, Global Laboratory Initiative (GLI) in Mali, in collaboration with Grifols S.A. employees and other external experts.
2012: We create the Child Nutrition Support (RAI, acronym in Spanish) program, offering grants for dining scholarships in Nursery and Primary.
2013: We expand the RAI program with the incorporation of "Healthy Habits" and "Summer Programs" lines.
2014: The own programs, RAI and GLI, are consolidated, with an increase in beneficiaries and an improvement of the quality of the projects. RAI is also extended with the line "RAI – Afternoon snacks!".
2015: We promote a major expansion of RAI with: RAI – Secondary and RAI – Summer Programs August for All!
2016: We open the first call for International Cooperation Program (PCI, acronym in Spanish) in Health.
- We align the PCI with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), specifically with number 3: health and well-being. The call specializes in projects related to Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs).
- We start the Health, Innovation and Therapies (SIT, acronym in Spanish) program.
- We launch the first local call for Social Action and Mental Health projects.
- We start our strategic alliance with WHO to contribute to the medium-term goal of controlling and reducing Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs).
- We commemorate the 10th anniversary of the Foundation with a celebration and a traveling exhibition that toured all Grifols headquarters in Spain and the United States.
- We start a new line of action to improve opportunities for migrants with the Yakaar program.
- The fundraising program is launched to increase our funding in order to reach more beneficiaries
- We create Twin Families, a fundraising initiative that pairs families with others in vulnerable situations in their environment as a response to the increase in child poverty caused by the health and economic crisis due to the impact of COVID 19.
- It is 10 years since the start of the GLI program, which already has a network of 29 laboratories in 12 countries.
2021: We launch the third call for International Cooperation Projects focused on NTDs.
Grifols is a global healthcare company founded in Barcelona in 1909 committed to improving the health and well-being of people around the world. The company develops, produces, and provides innovative healthcare services and solutions in more than 110 countries.
A pioneer in the plasma industry, Grifols develops innovative plasma-derived medicines and other biopharmaceutical solutions that treat patients with chronic, rare and, at times, life-threatening conditions.
Grifols is focused on treating conditions across a broad range of therapeutic areas: immunology, hepatology and intensive care, pulmonology and hematology, neurology, and infectious diseases.
Grifols has the largest network of donation centers in the world, with more than 390 across North America, Europe, Africa and the Middle East, and China.
As a recognized leader in transfusion medicine, Grifols offers a comprehensive portfolio of solutions designed to enhance safety from donation to transfusion, in addition to clinical diagnostic technologies. The company provides high-quality biological supplies for life-science research, clinical trials, and for manufacturing pharmaceutical and diagnostic products. In addition, Grifols supplies tools, information, and services that enable hospitals, pharmacies, and healthcare professionals to efficiently deliver expert medical care.
Grifols, with more than 26,000 employees in more than 30 countries and regions, is committed to a sustainable business model that sets the standard for continuous innovation, quality, safety, and ethical leadership.
For more information, please visit www.grifols.com